THE NORTH-WEST FRONTIER PROVINCE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (AMENDMENT) ACT, 1987. 28th October, 1987. N.-W. F. P. ACT NO. XXII OF 1987. (First published after having received the assent of the Governor of the North-, West Frontier Province, in the Gazette of North-West Frontier Province (Extraordinary), dated the 28th October, 1987).AN ACT. Further to amend the North- West Frontier Province Local Government Ordinance, 1979.
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the North-West Frontier Province Local Government Ordinance, 1979 (N.- W. F. P. Ord. No. IV 1979) to bring it in accordance with the requirements of the residents to Local Council.
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. (1) This, Act may be called the North-West Frontier Province Local Government (Amendment) Act, 1987.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. In the North-West Frontier Province Local Government Ordinance, 1979 (N.- W. F. P. Ord. IV of 1979), herein after called the said Ordinance, in section 28, after clause(g)and the proviso there of a new clause (h) shall be added, namely;
"(h) any person against whom any dues, which are not of disputed nature, of the said Council are outstanding Provided that this clause will not disqualify: a sitting member of a Local Council, if any amount is due against him as a project leader for the execution of any scheme of the said Local Council and if he has not been served with final notice for the recovery of the said amount.".
3. In the said Ordinance, section 33, after sub-section (3), the full stop appearing at the end shall be replaced by a colon and there after the following proviso shall be added, namely:
"Provided that in any case the extension in the election to the office of a Chairman shall not be for a period of more than three months."
4. In said Ordinance, in section 37, in sub-section (1). the words and figure "or section 36" shall be deleted.
Amendment of section 46 of N W F P Ord No, IV of 1979
5. In the said Ordinance, in section 46, after sub-section (1), the proviso shall be substituted by the following, namely:
"Provided that the appointments to such pay scales shall be made by a Local Council Board to be constituted for the purpose by the Government.".
REGULATION NO. I of 1987 18th March, 1987. The Newspapers Employee's (Conditions of Service) Act, (Application to Provincially Administered Tribal Areas) Regulation, 1987. North-West Frontier Province Regulation No.1 of 1987.A REGULATION to apply the Newspapers Employees' (Conditions of Service) Act, 1973 to the Provincially Administered Tribal Areas of North-West Frontier Province.WHEREAS it is expedient to apply the Newspaper Employees (Conditions of Service) Act, 1973 (LVIII of 1973), to the Provincially Administered Tribal Areas of the North-West Frontier Province; AND WHEREAS, the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province with prior approval of the President, may, with respect to any matter within the legislative competence of the Provincial Assembly make Regulations for a Provincially Administered Tribal Areas or any part thereof; NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the powers conferred by clause (4) Article 247 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province, with the prior approval of the President, is pleased to make the following Regulation:—
Short title and commencement
(2) It extends to the whole of the Provincially Administered Tribal Areas of the North-West Frontier Province. (3) It shall come into force at once
Application of Act LVIII of 1973, to the provincially Administered Tribal Areas
Certain Laws to cease to operate.
3. (1) If, immediately before the commencement of this Regulation, there was in force in the said Areas any law, instrument, custom or usage having the force of law corresponding to the Provisions of the Newspaper Employees (Conditions of Service) Act, 1973, (LVIII of 1973), such law, instrument, custom or usage shall, upon such commencement, cease to have effect in the said areas.
(2) Nothing sub-section (1) shall affect:—
and any such investigation, legal proceeding or remedy may be instituted, continued or enforced, any such penalty, forfeiture or punishment may be imposed, as if sub-section (1) had not come into force.