THE NORTH-WEST FRONTIER PROVINCE AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH SYSTEM (HANDING OVER ) ACT, 1986. 19th March, 1987. N.-W. F. P. ACT NO. VIII OF 1987. [First published after having received the assent of the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province in the Gazette of North-West Frontier Province (Extraordinary), dated 19th March. 1987].AN ACT to provide for the handing over of the Provincial Agricultural Research System and the transferring of persons employed therein to the North-West Frontier Province Agricultural University.
WHEREAS it is expedient to integrate the agricultural research system of the Province with the agricultural education offered and research under taken in the North-West Frontier Province Agricultural University so as to accelerate the process of agricultural development in the Province;
AND WHEREAS for the purposes aforesaid it is necessary that all Agricultural and Livestock Production Research Institutions of the Provincial Government should be handed over, and the staff transferred to the North-West Frontier Province Agricultural University;It is hereby enacted as follows:—
1. (1) This Act may be called the North-West Frontier Province Agricultural Research System (Handing Over) Act. 1986.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. In this Act. unless the context otherwise requires,—
3. As from the appointed day, the Agricultural Research System shall stand transferred to, and vest in, the University.
Handing over of the agricultural research system
4. All rights, physical assets, liabilities and obligations of the Agricultural Research System, and all suits and other proceedings, if any, by or against, the Agricultural Research System, shall be deemed to be the rights, physical assets, liabilities and obligations, or, as the case may be, matters and things engaged to be done by. with or for, and suits and other proceedings by or against the University.
Transfer of assets and liabilities.
5. As from the appointed day, all such employees engaged by, for or on behalf of the Agricultural Research System, shall serve under the University and shall be governed by the provisions of the North-West Frontier Province Civil Servants Act. 1973 (N.-W. F. P. Act No. XVIII of 1973):
Transfer of employees.
6. Provided that the Government may, by a notification in the official Gazette, in relation of such employees, delegate such administrative, disciplinary and financial powers to the University as it may deem fit.
Maintenance of general provident fund
7. The accumulation on the appointed day in the General Provident Fund accounts of all the staff shall remain deposited with, and maintained by, the Accountant General, North-West Frontier Province, but shall, after the appointed day. be administered or under the Authority of the University.
Representation of the agricultural staff on various bodies.
8. The Agricultural Research System shall be represented on the following bedies of the University by the officers indicated against each:—
Allocation of funds.
(ii) Concerned Director of the Agricultural Research System.
(e) Boards of Studies .. Concerned sectional heads of the Agricultural Research System.
Implementation of foreign aided projects.
9. The On-going foreign aided projects will continue to be implemented in accordance with the terms and conditions of the agreement relating to the execution of such projects.
Fixation of research priorities.
10. Government, in consultation with the University, shall fix priorities for research in crops and livestock.
11. No suit, prosecution or other legal proceedings shall lie against Government or any other person for anything in good faith done or intended co be done under this Act or any rule or order made thereunder.
Removal of difficulties.
12. For the purposes of carrying into effect the provisions of this Act Government may, in such manner as it may consider necessary or expedient provide for:
Provisions to over-ride other laws.
13. The provisions of this Act and the rules and orders made thereunder shall have effect notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any other law for the time being in force.
Power to make rule.
14. Government may make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.