THE NORTH-WEST FRONTIER PROVINCE AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH SYSTEM (HANDING OVER) ORDINANCE, 1986. 6th November, 1986. N. W. F. P. ORDINANCE NO. IX OF 1986. AN ORDINANCE to provide for the handing over of the Provincial Agricultural Research System and the transferring of persons employed therein to the North-West Frontier Province Agricultural University.
AND WHEREAS for the purposes aforesaid it is necessary that all Agricultural and Livestock Production Research Institutions of the Provincial Government should be handed over, and the staff transferred to the North-West Frontier Province Agricultural University; AND WHEREAS the Provincial Assembly is not in session and the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action; NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 128 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance;
Short title and commencement.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
(d) "Schedule" means the Schedule appended to the Ordinance; (e) "Staff" means the persons employed in the Agricultural Research System; (f) "University" means the North-West Frontier Province Agricultural University established under the North-West Frontier Province Agricultural University Ordinance. 1981 (N.-W. F. P. Ord. 1 of 1981).
3. As from the appointed day, the Agricultural Research System shall stand transferred to, and vest in, the University.
Transfer of assets and liabilities.
4. All rights, physical assets, liabilities and obiligations of the Agricultural Research System, and all suits and other proceedings if any, by or against, the Agricultural Research System, shall be deemed to be rights, physical assets, liabilities and obligations, or. as the case may be, matters and things engaged to be done by, with or for, and suits and other proceedings by or against the University.
Transfer of employees.
5. (1) As from the appointed day, all such employees engaged by, for or on behalf of the Agricultural Research System who opt for service under the University, shall stand transferred to the University for service on such terms and conditions as may be offered or prescribed by the University.
Provide that such terms and conditions shall not be less favourable than those admissible to them under Government immediately before the appointed day.
Provided that if there be no such post or they do not fulfil the prescribed conditions of eligibility , they shall be retired from service, subject to payment of such proportionate pension or gratuity, or both, as may be admissible to them under the law and the rules for the time being in force.
6. The accumulation on the appointed day in the General Provident Fund accounts of all those who opt for service under the University shall remain deposited with, and maintained by the Accountant General, North-West Frontier Province, but shall, after the appointed day, be administered by or under the Authority of the University.
7. The Agricultural Research System shall be represented on the following bodies of the University by the officers indicated against each:—
Representation of the Agricultural staff on various bodies.
(a) Syndicate ..
Director of Agricultural Research System.
(b) Selection Board
(i) Director Agricultural Research System. (ii) Concerned Director of the Agricultural Research System.
(c) Academic Council
Director Agricultural Research System.
(d) Boards of Faculties
(e) Boards of Studies
Concerned sectional heads of the Agricultural Research System.
8. (1) Notwithstanding the transfer of the Agricultural Research System to the University,—
Allocation of funds.
9. The On-going foreign aided projects will continue to be implemented in accordance with the terms and conditions of the agreement relating to the execution of such projects.
Implementation of foreign aided projects.
10. Government, in consultation with the University shall fix priorities for research in crops and livestock.
Fixation of research priorities.
11. No suit, prosecution or other legal proceedings shall lie against Government or any other person for anything in good faith done or intended to be done under the Ordinance or any rate or order made thereunder.
12. For the purpose of carrying into effect the provisions of the Ordinance, Government may, in such manner as it may consider necessary
Removal of difficulties.
or expedient, provided for;
Provisions to over-ride other laws.
13. The provisions of this Ordinance and the rules and orders made thereunder shall have effect notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any other law for the time being in force.
Power to make rules.
14. Government may make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Ordinance.
SCHEDULE [See Section 5 (2)] 1 (Mr ……………………………………………………….)hereby opt/do not opt for transfer of my services from the Agriculture Department, Government of North-West Frontier Province to the Northwest Frontier Province Agricultural University under such terms and conditions as prescribed by the University.