THE PUNJAB FOREST (SALE OF TIMBER)ACT, 1923(Punjab Act III of 1913)CONTENTSSections
THE PUNJAB FOREST (SALE OF TIMBER) ACT, 1913.1PUNJAB ACT III OF 1913.[21st March, 1913]An Act to provide for the control of the sale of timber and the establishment of sale depots for such timber in the Punjab.WHEREAS it is expedient to provide for the control of the sale of timber and the establishment of sale depots for such timber in the Punjab;It is hereby enacted as follows:
1. This Act may be called the Punjab Forest (Sale of Timber) Act, 1913.
It shall, extend to such local areas as the 2[Provincial Government] may by notification in the 3[Offcial Gazette] direct; and it shall come into force in each of such areas on such day as the 2[Provincial Government] in like manner directs in this behalf.
2. In this Act all expressions shall have the meaning assigned to them in the [Indian Forst Act, 1878.
Power to make rules regulating sale of timber and the establishment of sale depots.
3. (1) The 2[Provincial Government may, by notification in 3[Official Gazette], make rules to regulate the sale of timber and the establishment of sale depots for such timber.
Such rules may among other matters-—(a) prescribe the classes of timber To which the rules shall apply;
1. For Statement of Objects and Reasons, see Punjab Gazette, 1912, Tan V. page 927 for Report of the Select Committee, see Punjab Gazette, 1912. Part V, page 225, and for Proceedings in Council, see Punjab Gazette 1912, Pt. V, page 134, and ibid, 1913, Part V. page 5, Enforced in the North-West Frontier Pointier, by N. W. F. P. Notification No. 1527 dated 15th June, 1927.
2. Subs, for “Local Government” by the A.O., 1937.3. Subs, ibid for “Local Official Gazette”.4. See now the Forest Act, 1927. Pakistan Code. Volume VIII.
[1913 Pb. Act III. FOREST (SALE OF TIMBER)
(2) All rules made under sub-section (1) shall be so made after previous publication in the 1[Official Gazette.]4. The provisions of Chapter X of the 2Forest Act, 1878, the exception of section 67, shall apply so far as may be to any ngement of the ruls made under this Act as if such infringement forest offence under the 2Forest Act.5. No suit shall lie against any public servant for anything done by him in good faith under this Act.,
1. Sub. for "the Gazette" by the A. O. 1937.
2. See now the Forest Act, 1927.(XVI of 1927, Chapter IX,with the exception of section 58.