THE WEST PAKISTAN CO-OPERATIVE BOARD (DISSOLUTION) ACT, 1966. WEST PAKISTAN ACT II OF 1966.
CONTENTS PREAMBLE Sections.
12. Power to frame regulations. 12. Repeal.
THE WEST PAKISTAN CO-OPERATIVE BOARD (DISSOLUTION) ACT, 1966. WEST PAKISTAN ACT NO. II OF 1966. [22nd December, 1966] AN ACT to provide for the dissolution of the West Pakistan Co-operative Board.
It is hereby enacted as follows:—
Short title, extent commencement and.
2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them, that is to say -
(c) "Co-operative Development Fund," means the Fund established under section 7; (d) "Government" means the Government of West Pakistan and (e) "Project" means a project which was sponsored, managed, promoted or organized by the Board and is notified by Government as a project for the purpose of this Act.
For Statement of Object and Reason see Gazette of West Pakistan, 1966, (Extraordinary), dated 25th November, 1966, pages 3231 to 3237.
Dissolution of the Board.
3. Immediately on the coming into force of this Act the Board shall stand dissolved and the Chairman and other members of the Board shall vacate their offices.
Appointment of Administrator
4. (1) Government shall appoint an Administrator, by name in virtue of his office, for the purpose of—
(i) winding up the affairs of the Board; (ii) administering such projects promoted, sponsored, organized or managed by the Board immediately before its dissolution as may be approved by Government; (iii) completing, in such manner as may be directed by Government, such schemes or projects undertaken by the Board; and (iv) performing the other duties and functions of an Administrator under this Act. (2) All properties, funds and dues which, immediately before the dissolution of the Board, were vested in or were realizable by the Board, shall vest in and be realizable by the Administrator, and all liabilities which, immediately before the dissolution of the Board, were enforceable against the Board, shall be assumed by, and be enforceable against the Administrator.
5. The Administrator shall hold office for such period as the Government may prescribe and the terms and conditions of his service shall be governed by Civil Service Rules.
Duties etc. of Administrator.
6. (1) The duties, functions and powers of the Administrator shall be—
(a) to carry on such of the business of the Board as may be necessary for the proper winding up of the affairs of the Board;
(e) to administer the Co-operative Development Fund in accordance with any regulations framed under section 12; (f) to administer, execute and complete projects until their transfer to Co-operative Societies; (g) to incur all necessary expenditure for the purpose of- (i) the proper functioning or completion of the various projects to be administered, executed or completed by the Administrator; or (ii) the winding up of the affairs of the Board; or (iii) payment of salaries, allowances, etc., of the employee working in the projects to be administered, executed or completed by the Administrator ; or (iv) the due performance of any of the duties of the Administrator under this Act or the rules framed under section 11; (h) to appoint, transfer, suspend, punish, remove or dismiss, in accordance with the rules framed under section 11, the employees working in the projects or required for the winding up of the affairs of the Board. (2) The Administrator shall exercise his powers and perform his duties and functions under this Act subject to the general control and directions of Government.
Co-operative Development Fund.
(2) The Co-operative Development Fund shall consist of—
(3) The Fund shall be utilized by the Administrator, subject to the general control and supervision of Government, for—
(4) Financial assistance to co-operative societies may be provided out of the Co-operative Development Fund by strengthening their share capital by granting loans to them at a low rate of interest, or by giving them grants-in-aids or subsidies for the benefit of the Societies and their constituents or the promotion and advancement of the Co-operative Movement.
8. (1) The Administrator shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts, in accordance with such general directions as may be issued, and in such forms as may be specified by Government.
and the Administrator shall comply with every such requisition.
Administrator etc to be public servants.
10. No suit, prosecution or other legal proceedings shall be instituted against Government, the Administrator, or any other person for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act or the rules framed thereunder.
Protection of action taken under this Act.
11. Government may make rules to give effect to the provisions of this Act.
Power to make rule.
12. Government may frame regulations for the administration of the Co-operative Development Fund.
Power to frame regulation
13. (1) The West Pakistan Co-operative Board Ordinance, 1962 (West Pakistan Ordinance XIV of 1962), hereinafter referred to as the said Ordinance, is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the said Ordinance, everything done, action taken, obligation or liability incurred, contract entered into, officer appointed or person authorised and order issued under any of the provisions of the said Ordinance shall, if not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, continue n force and, so areas may be, be deemed to have been respectively done, taken, incurred, entered into, appointed, authorised or issued under this Act.