THE WEST PAKISTAN GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WELFARE FUND ORDINANCE, 1969. (W.P. Ord. I of 1969) CONTENTS
THE WEST PAKISTAN GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WELFARE FUND ORDINANCE, 1969. WEST PAKISTAN ORDINANCE NO.1 OF 1969. (18th March, 1969). AN ORDINANCE to establish a Welfare Fund for the relief and security of the employees of the West Pakistan Government and their families.
AND WHEREAS the Provincial Assembly of West Pakistan is not in session and the Governor of West Pakistan is satisfied that circumstances exist which render immediate legislation necessary:NOW THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by clause (1) of Article 79 of the Constitution, the Governor of West Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
Short title extent and commencement.
(2) It shall apply to all Government servants, as hereinafter defined, provided that Government may, by notification exempt any class of Government servants from the operation of this Ordinance.(3) It shall come into force on such date as Government may, by notification, appoint in this behalf.
(a) "family" in relation to a Government servant means his or her— (i) wife or wives or husband, as the case may be; (ii) legitimate children and step children less than twelve years old; (iii) legitimate children and step children not less than twelve years old, if residing with and wholly dependent upon him or her; and.
(iv) Parents, sisters and minor brothers, if residing with and wholly dependent upon him or her: (b) 1 [Gazetted "Government servant" means a Government Servant holding a post in National Pay Scale 16 and above.] (c) "Government" means the Government of 2[North West Frontier Province]. (d) "Government servant" means a person who is a member of a civil service of the Province 3[ . . . . ] or who holds any civil post in connection with the affairs of the Province, but does not include a member of an All-Pakistan Service; (e) "non gazetted Government servant" means a Government servant other than gazetted Government servant; (f) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Ordinance; (g) "rules" means rules made under this Ordinance; (h) "Welfare Fund" means the welfare Fund established under this Ordinance.
3. (1) There shall be established a fund to be called the 4[North-West Frontier Province] Employees Welfare Fund.
(2) To the credit of the Fund shall be placed— (a) all contributions received under section 6 from Government servants; (b) the contributions made to the Fund by Government, the Government Servants Benevolent Fund or the Police Welfare Fund; and (c) any interest or profit accruing on such contributions.
(3), The Welfare Fund shall be divided into two Parts, Part 1 for gazetted Government servants and Part II for non-gazetted Government servants and each such Part shall be maintained and administered separately in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance. (4) The contributions from gazetted Government servants received under section 6 shall be credited into Part I of the Welfare Fund and the contributions received from non-gazetted Government servants shall be credited into Part-II of the Fund.(5) The moneys credited into the Welfare Fund Shall be kept in such bank or banks as may be prescribed.(6) The Welfare Fund shall be utilized for meeting the expenses on arrangements to be made with an insurance company or other insurer for the insurance of Government servants.(7) Any sums remaining in the Welfare Fund after defraying the expenses referred to in sub-section (6) may be utilized for such benefits to Government servants and their families as may be prescribed. 4. (1) As soon as may be, Government shall, constitute the following expenses referred to in sub-section (6) may be utilized for such benefits to Government servants and their families as may be prescribed.
Constitution and powers of the Welfare Boards.
(2) Part I of the Welfare Fund shall vest in the Provincial Welfare Board (Gazetted), and Part II of the Welfare Fund shall vest in the Provincial Welfare Board (Non-Gazetted), and each of the said Boards shall administer the Part of the Welfare Fund vesting in it in such manner as may be prescribed. (3) Subject to such rules as may be made in this behalf and to such directions as may be issued by Government, the Provincial Welfare Boards- (a) shall from time to time, arrange for the insurance of the Government servants with which they are concerned in the sums specified in the Schedule with such insurance company or other insurer as it deems fit;
(4) The Divisional Welfare Boards shall exercise such powers and perform such functions in relation to Part II of the Welfare Fund as may be prescribed or as may be delegated to them by the Provincial Welfare Board (Non Gazetted).
5. The arrangement to be made with an insurance company or other insurer under clause (a) of sub-section (3) of section 4 shall be to the effect that on the death of a Government servant of the class specified in column I of the Schedule, the sum specified against that class of Government servant in column 2 of the Schedule be paid—
Payment of contributions.
6. (1) Every Government servant shall be liable to pay to the Welfare Fund as his contribution such sum of money as may be prescribed, and the amount of such contribution shall, as far as possible, be deducted at the source from his pay and credited or remitted to the Welfare Fund.
(2) Where the contribution cannot for any reason be deducted from the pay of the Government servant, he shall remit to the prescribed officer, the amount of the contribution payable by him.
(3) Any contribution remaining unpaid due to inadvertence or negligence of the Government servant or other wise shall be recoverable from him together with interest.
Powers to make rules
SCHEDULE (SEE SECTIONS 4 AND 5)
1[NPS 1 to 4 ..
NPS 5 to 10 ..
NPS 11 to 15 ..
NPS 16 and 17 ..
NPS 18 ..
NPS 19 ..
NPS 20 and above ..
1. Subs. by N.W.F.P. Ord. No. XI of 1980.