THE WEST PAKISTAN RAILWAY SERVANTS BENEVOLENT FUND ORDINANCE, 1969. (W.P. Ord. V of 1969)
THE WEST PAKISTAN RAILWAY SERVANTS BENEVOLENT FUND ORDINANCE, 1969. (WEST PAKISTAN ORDINANCE No. V OF 1969.) [13th June, 969]. AN ORDINANCE. to constitute Benevolent Fund for relief of Railway servants and their families.WHEREAS it is expedient to constitute a Benevolent Fund for relief of Railway servants and their families in the manner hereinafter appearing;NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Martial Law Proclamation of 25th March, 1969, read with the Provisional Constitution Order, the Administrator of Martial Law, Zone 'A', in exercise of the powers of the Governor of West Pakistan conferred on him by the Chief Martial Law Administrator, is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
Short title extent and commencement.
(2) It shall apply to all Railway servants.
(a) "family" in relation to a Railway servant means his or her— (i) wife or wives or husband, as the case may be; (ii) legitimate children and step children not exceeding ten years of age; (iii) legitimate children and step children over ten years old but less than twenty years old, if wholly dependent upon him or her; and (iv) parents, unmarried sisters and minor brothers, if residing with and wholly dependent upon him or her;
(i) a Class I officer of the Railway Services whose services have been transferred to the Government of West Pakistan under the Transfer of Railways Order, 1962 (P.O. No.33 of 1962), and who has opted for the Fund; (ii) a member of the Pakistan Railway Accounts Service who has opted for the Fund;(iii) any person who holds a post in the Railway Board; and (iv) any person on deputation or foreign service who holds a lien on any post in the Pakistan Western Railway, and who is regularly subscribing to the Fund; (f) "non-Gazetted Railway servant" means a Railway servant other than a Gazetted Railway servant; (g) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Ordinance; (h) "Railway Board" means the 3[ .. ]Pakistan Railway Board constituted under the Transfer of Railways Order, 1962, (P.O. No.33 of 1962).
3. (1) As soon as may be, the Railway Board shall constitute a fund to be known as the 3[ .. ] Pakistan Railway Servants Benevolent Fund.
(2) The Fund shall be divided into two parts:- (i) Part I for Gazetted Railway servants. (ii) Part II for non-Gazetted Railway servants.
1. Sub by P, O, No, 4 of 1975,
(3) Each part of the Fund shall consist of - (a) compulsory contributions recovered from the Railway servants at such rates as the Railway Board may, from time to time prescribe ; (b) such grants as may, from time to time be made to the Fund by the Railway Board and Government;
(4) The moneys credited to the Fund shall be held in such custody as may be prescribed.
Utilization of the fund
(i) giving financial assistance to the families of Railway servants who die while in service or after retirement; (ii) giving financial assistance to Railway servants invalided out of service; - (iii) making special grants to Railway servants and ex-Railway servants and their families in exceptional cases; (b) defraying expenditure incurred in respect of management of the Fund. Explanation.—The benefits admissible under this section will be in addition to— (i) the pension, family pension or gratuity awarded under the pension rules;(ii) benefits admissible to the non-pensionable Railway servants by way of contribution by the Railway to the State Railway Provident Fund and special contribution to the Provident Fund; and (iii) any other benefit admissible to Railway servant under any other law for the time being inforce.
Account and audits.
5. (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 7 of the Payment of Wages Act, 1936 (IV of 1936). all contributions recoverable under clause (a) of sub-section (3) of section 3 shall be deducted at the source from the salaries of the Railway servants concerned.
(2) The Financial Adviser and Chief Accounts Officer, the Divisional Accounts Officers and the Senior Accounts Officer workshops, Pakistan 1[.. Railway shall be responsible for keeping the accounts of the Fund. (3) Audit of the assets of, and expenditure from, the Fund shall be conducted by such authority as may be prescribed.
6. (1) As soon as may be, the Railway Board shall, in such manner as may be prescribed, constitute the following committees of management, namely: -
(2) Subject to such directions as may be issued by the Railway Board and such rules as may be made in this behalf-
Powers to make rules.
7. Government may make rules for bringing into effect the provisions of this Ordinance.
1. The word "western" omitted by P. O, 4 of 1975.